Christmas is almost here! Looking for a delicious and simple casserole to serve on Christmas morning? Look no further then Egg’s Portugal. My Mom has been making Egg’s Portugal for our Christmas morning for my entire life, its a family favorite that I know your family will love too. A splash of Pressley wine is included!
Mom’s Egg Portugal
Egg’s Portugal Ingredients
- 1 1⁄2lbs small breakfast sausage links, cut up
- 8slices bread, no crusts, cubed
- 3⁄4lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1(10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1⁄4cup Pressley Vineyards Albarino
Fry sausage until it is no longer pink, breaking up with a spoon.
Grease 9 x 12 baking dish. Put bread on bottom. Add grated cheese, then sausage.
Add milk to beaten eggs, salt, pepper and mustard. Combine and pour over bread mixture. Cover and put in fridge overnight.
Mix 1 can mushroom soup, drained mushrooms, and wine. Pour over mixture and bake at 350 for 1 hour.