I love Thanksgiving! I love the prepping, the food, the family time, its one of my favorite holidays! On the day before Thanksgiving you can always find me in the kitchen with my Mom and sisters pouring the champagne, playing the music and over the years we have perfected a few dishes that I really love to share on Thanksgiving! I hope Fallon’s sweet potato pie will bring as much joy to your family as it does to ours, and if your not a sweet potato pie fan… I guarantee this one will change your mind!
Fallon’s Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet Potato Pie Ingredients
- 5-6 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Roast sweet potatoes in oven until soft, approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees. While sweet potatoes are baking add remaining ingredients together and mix until combined, we like to use an electric mixer. After sweet potatoes have finished cooking add potatoes to mixer and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Transfer mixture to a well greased casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While sweet potato pie mixture bakes combine topping ingredients together and mix until well combined.
- Once sweet potato mixture is finished baking sprinkle with topping to evenly cover the sweet potato mixture and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, serve warm!
- Serve with Pressley Vineyards Rose! The acidity will complement the sweetness of the sweet potato pie perfectly!
*Pro Tip: You can prep this entire dish the day before. Let the sweet potato pie mixture cool completely, add topping and then cover and refrigerate until you are ready to cook it on Thanksgiving!